Tell me about that time you survived having two little ones at home

I have complained nonstop, so everyone within earshot knows this past year has been hard.  HARD. I was sick/depressed from the second I got pregnant, and Lizzie's good health was in question the whole time.

But now is NOW, and we're all happy. We and the doctors are confident Lizzie's lingering medical issues will resolve in no time. My activities are restricted for a few more weeks, but I feel back to normal 90 percent of the time. Mamie is Big Sister #1, on duty to help with diapers, bottles, pacis, and toys at all times. We are all extremely fortunate that Nick could take a whole month of paternity leave -- I know few people have that luxury.

On Monday, that month ends! I'm not the first person to be home alone with a toddler and a baby, but it will still be a first for me! I am trying to substitute organization for confidence. I am reminding myself the babysitter comes on Wednesday and Thursday, so it's not like I really am on my own all week. I am surveying the internet for tips related to this situation. I welcome all advice, motivational quotes, expressions of solidarity.

Helpful internets:

Comments

  1. It's hard...I had a 15 month old and a 6 week old and we thought it was a wise time to move from Atlanta to Atmore! You will survive - although you'll wonder how more often than not! Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household