I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened
I just booked a hotel room for two nights in November. The hotel is about 5 minutes from my house. I will go for one night of utter solitude and then hand it off to Nick to take a night away from home.
If it is in your means and you have also not been alone in 7 months, I recommend a 24 hour retreat. I can make this recommendation from my vast experience having done it for the first time 4 days ago.
Here's a sampling of what I did during my 24-hour retreat:
- Wrote uninterrupted for several hours.
- Watched a documentary about Abraham Lincoln.
- Watched MTV's Ghosted, because I'm both high brow and low brow.
- Watched CNN because I am pretty middle brow too, if we're honest.
- Ordered a steak dinner and ate it in courses over the entire evening.
- Ate 6 Reese's cups (which are banned in our house due to allergy).
- Set an alarm for 10 a.m., the latest I could possibly sleep. (Woke up at 8 a.m. anyway.)
- Made every decision considering only what I wanted and not the wants and needs of anyone else.
- Brushed my teeth without toothpaste because Nick is the one who always remembers the toothpaste.