What I'm reading: Kooky and spooky edition

Just finished....

 What is not yours is not yours

Helen Oyeyemi

Mamie likes the shadow puppets on the cover. The library would like for me to return this week-overdue copy because there's a long line of people waiting to read it.

"Modern surreal fairytales" is the best description I have heard of Oyeyemi's work, and I'm a fan. This one makes me want to hear ghost stories.









Just started....

Shirley: A novel

Susan Scarf Merrell

I don't know exactly what to expect yet. How does Shirley Jackson work out as a creepy character outside her own creepy creations?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household