My big fat 5k

Yesterday I ran 5k as part of One Big Fat Run. It took me 62 minutes, and frankly, I didn't know it was possible to be so slow. I know speed doesn't matter at all, but I had a personal goal to do it in under an hour.  I will make that goal next time.

I found out about The Fat Girl's Guide to Running  from a commenter on an article I wrote about running at the first of the year. It has been consistently motivating to me this year.  Just knowing there are so many other women who want to run NOW -- and are not waiting until they look like a "runner" -- has muted my excuse button.

Right now my informal running goals are:


  1. Do 5k once a month and get a little faster each time.
  2. Run 10k in September for my 40th birthday.
  3. Run a half marathon in November.
My immediate non-running goal is to go stop my kid from breaking out the front door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household