Planning my mid-life crisis

Since I turn 40 this year, I've been wondering if I'm entitled to a mid-life crisis, and if so, what should I plan? Nick said if I plan it, it's not really a crisis, but I think he is just failing to see an opportunity.  Here are some of the potential crisis activities I've thought of:

Option 1: Head-to-Toe Plastic Surgery

When I was 30, I thought 40 would be THE year to do this.  For real -- just tighten and lift and squeeze everything, and tackle my 40s like the Real Housewife I am. But jeez, now I have this toddler, and I can't just check in to a spa hotel in Beverly Hills to recover for  month.

Option 2: Write My Memoir

I do have occasional delusions that my life is interesting enough to document, but this is literally what's going on around me right now:  Mamie is watching Yo Gabba Gabba, I'm drinking instant coffee, and I just got off the phone with a potential babysitter who is not a potential babysitter because she is allergic to cats.  No one is coming at me with a book contract.

Option 3: Run a Marathon

Run a half marathon? Last week I was super stoked to run 5 solid minutes TWICE!  Nick said I should try 6 minutes, but can I just celebrate 5 minutes for a day or two???  I would legitimately like very very very much to celebrate my 40th with a half marathon.  I even plan to run 7 consecutive minutes this week.  I mean, I'm bold and ambitious.

What do you think I should do?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household