What we talk about

Kids make good social currency. Anywhere you find yourself, if you are among people who have kids, you have plenty to talk about.  How does she sleep?  When did he walk? What schools are you looking at?

I fell into this pattern today with my friend at the gym.  We had 45 minutes of good treadmill time to chat and I bet half of it was babyish, until she said "What have you been doing for yourself?"

What have I been doing for myself?  I do make an effort to punctuate my days with things that are just for me -- reading, tv, writing, exercise. Naps. I always had this idea when Nick and I had kids, we would just fold them into an already rich and interesting life. Man, I hope that's what's happening.  I don't even have enough perspective at the moment to tell!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household