Naomi Shihab Nye

It was Super Happy Joy Day at work yesterday when two giant boxes of new books were delivered. Today I started to process (fondle) all those new books, which really means examining them really slooooooowly and thinking about how I am going to read them all.

One of the new books is Naomi Shihab Nye's A Maze Me. I got lost in this daydream about Nye coming to the school to read to the girls and talk to them about the life of a poet. Later my boss came through, and I told her about my little daydream.

"I know her," she said.

You know her?! Seriously, imagine. This amazing poet who lives here in San Antonio and is just crazy brilliant. To know someone like that. I turned purple.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household