Sacred Day

A new sticker book. She put the little girl on the stairs herself, I assume because it's one of her favorite places to play.
Mamie and I preserve one day a week as our Sacred Day.  I don't write anything on the calendar -- n places to be, no people to see.  We stay in our pajamas all day, unless we feel like playing outside or going out for coffee. Today is definitely a PJ day because I don't go out when the temperature is under 40 degrees. 

I realize it's a privilege for me to have a free day, but it always ends up being one of my most productive all week. By 3 p.m. I had done almost everything on my to-do list for today, and Mamie is well into the third hour of her nap.

Things I have done:
  • read
  • yoga
  • write
  • play
Things I have not done:
  • laundry
  • dishes
  • put on shoes
Unless slippers count as shoes?  Honestly, they must because I wore them to the store the other day.  (Drive-thru only! I have some dignity!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household