Dear Diary Rewind: Same Worry, Different Problem

(Let's take a fun look back at what I wrote about in my journal exactly one year ago....)

October 22, 2014

Still awake.  Thinking mostly about tomorrow's first visit to the gym. It is so hard for me to relax about things when I am unfamiliar and don’t know what to expect. What will probably happen: everyone will be nice, Mamie will have fun and not even miss me, the yoga teacher will be welcoming and the class will be small and moderately paced.  I will leave feeling happy and probably tired from being up this late.  Stupid coffee at 5 pm!!!

Yeah, in case you didn't guess, Mamie loved the gym day care from the first minute, yoga was great, and everyone was nice. This flashback to a year ago coupled with my worries about whether I can handle a second baby have made me realize something big.

If you peaked in on any moment in my life, you would probably find me worrying about something that turned out OK, if not great.

Lesson: Stop being so traumatized, geez.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household