I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened



I just booked a hotel room for two nights in November. The hotel is about 5 minutes from my house. I will go for one night of utter solitude and then hand it off to Nick to take a night away from home.

If it is in your means and you have also not been alone in 7 months, I recommend a 24 hour retreat. I can make this recommendation from my vast experience having done it for the first time 4 days ago.

Here's a sampling of what I did during my 24-hour retreat:

  • Wrote uninterrupted for several hours.
  • Watched a documentary about Abraham Lincoln.
  • Watched MTV's Ghosted, because I'm both high brow and low brow.
  • Watched CNN because I am pretty middle brow too, if we're honest.
  • Ordered a steak dinner and ate it in courses over the entire evening.
  • Ate 6 Reese's cups (which are banned in our house due to allergy).
  • Set an alarm for 10 a.m., the latest I could possibly sleep. (Woke up at 8 a.m. anyway.)
  • Made every decision considering only what I wanted and not the wants and needs of anyone else.
  • Brushed my teeth without toothpaste because Nick is the one who always remembers the toothpaste.
All that stuff is pretty boring compared to what happened after I got home:

No one got on my nerves, and I wanted to be around them.

Want to know what's an even bigger deal than that? For the first time in months my depression, anxiety, and stress were at "normal" levels. Not "severe". Not "OMFG we are all going to die." Normal.

How long will it last? I don't know, and I don't f-ing care. The relief has lasted three days so far, and I'll take that conversion rate. 

Right now I'm typing this blog post while the kids play upstairs. I'm not itching to run up there and make sure they are breathing or trying to goad them into some kind of enriching experience to make up for their months of isolation. I take the lack of tears and screams (from them or from me) as sufficient evidence we are all fine. 

Y'all, it's a revelation. 

Comments

  1. Goji Berries... yes... I tried those too.for my health conditions, Those sweet, red berries seemed to help, but only during the time when I consumed them. I don't want to take a drug for the rest of my life, so why would I want to take a natural supplement everyday for the rest of my life (although Goji berries are very tasty and are highly nourishing). To me this was not a cure either (and I'm LOOKING for the CURE).
    Up to that point, I hadn't found a cure.  I felt like a young jumbled mess. I continued to have extreme pain, but continued on my path to healing. I started to focus on myself and not everyone else. When I was a young adult, I took on too much responsibility out of a sense of obligation. This was no longer healthy for me, so I resigned from all my projects and groups. Those days to come were the best [and worst] days. I took a lot of time off work, yet begun to feel so extremely exhausted. Many health professionals "diagnosed" me with adrenal fatigue & Hiv,Prostate Cancer so my situation was annoying then I keep searching for permanent cure online that's when I came to know of Dr Itua herbal center hands whom god has blessed with ancestral herbs and a gift to heal people with disease like .Cancers,Alzheimer's disease,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Diabetes, Multiple myeloma, Parkinson's disease,Neuroendocrine tumors,Herpes, Hiv/Aids,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,, chronic diarrhea, COPD,Love spell, Hepatitis... So I made a purchase of his herbal medicines and I have been watching my health for 6 years now and I actually confirmed that his herbal medicines are a permanent cure and I'm so happy that I came to know of his herbal healings.You can contact Dr Itua herbal center Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  WhatsApp: +2348149277967.  if you went through exactly what I go through in terms of health conditions because really honest there is more to learn about natural herbs than medical drugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household