I am seriously inspired by this woman

From Runner's World:

Is it possible to be fat and fit? At 250 pounds, distance runner Mirna Valerio provides an inspiring example.

So, she's about my age and about my size -- yes, I know those two things are not the complete measure of a person -- and she LOVES running.  She is a serious ultra-runner, fast, and a high school track coach. She takes a selfie before every run, a practice I would like to start because it is worth documenting.

It was about a year ago I started this running habit. I scheduled my first run for a weekend in September so Nick could go with me. I needed moral support. I have learned over and over this year that there are many runners like me out there. I want to know all of them!

My half marathon training is going great. Running in August in Texas is a son of a B, but I'm doing it so I can appreciate how awesome September, October, and November will feel in comparison. Mamie is excellent company on my runs; she keeps me alert by periodically tossing her cup or stuffed animal out of the stroller. Pushing her around is making me stronger too.

It is still a little hard to imagine I will go from my current running level to finishing 13.1 in three and a half months, but I'm on track, so I have to believe it will happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household