What am I reading? Poser

Poser: My life in twenty-three yoga poses

Claire Dederer


I picked this book up from the clearance table at Book People, Austin, TX. (By the way, Nick and I will drive to Austin just to go to Book People and the record store across the street.  We are hardcore book/record tourists.)

This was a spontaneous purchase, a book I had heard of when it first came out and vaguely considered reading.  It proved to be one of those genuinely entertaining hipster memoirs that some of us like to think we can relate to.  Even though some of us are not freelancing moms obsessed with yoga in the great northwest. 

For sure, this book is not about yoga.  I love yoga, but nothing here inspired me to do it any harder or more often.  Really, yoga is just a device for Dederer to tie together stories of her childhood, maturing as an adult, and finding home. I think I use the word "compelling" a lot to describe books I like, but to me that feature is so important to the enjoyment of reading.  I got through Poser super fast not long after buying it because I couldn't wait to read more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household