wakeful

Cape Cod beach at sunsetImage via Wikipedia

It's now only 3.5 months until the half marathon and I have seriously backslid in my training. It feels like I am starting over, but the difference this time is I have more confidence than I did a year ago. I know if I will just put in the hours I can get to the point of going 13.1 miles without dying.

Nick and I will go to the park in the morning for some walk/run time. That could actually be appealing if I weren't typing this at 2 a.m. after trying to fall asleep for 2 hours. I guess I damaged myself by sleeping til noon today, but it was my last official day of summer. Yes, it's back to work on Monday, though the girls don't start back until Aug. 17. HOWEVER, we will leave next Thursday for our vacation, a week in Cape Cod with Nick's family. It's my first time to experience a New England beach, but for Nick it was a childhood annual event. They say the water is cold. Guess how great cold water sounds when you've endured a few months of 100+ temps in San Caliente, Texas? In fact, it was 94 degrees at 11 p.m. tonight. That's our cold snap.

I'm going to try one more time to read a few pages and fall asleep. If it doesn't work this time, I'm going to get up and have breakfast and start the day.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household