Running?

The jog path/walkway along the Kukkarahally lakeImage via Wikipedia

I don't even know if I can call what I've done "running". For the few minutes I do it, it must look like a slow-motion version of someone who actually runs very slowly.

Regardless.

I can really see the future when it's more something I do than something I wish I could do. And I'm committed to getting there, however humiliating the interim is.

I may have mentioned I started a meetup.com group for beginner runners. We meet every Saturday, which I expect to keep me committed. The tough thing is that no one I the group so far is quite as "beginner" as I am. At yesterday's meetup, I was so embarassed about my inability. I just don't want people to think I'm lazy or dumb.

BUT! Yes, I know I have to tackle that fear on my own, and likely most people don't stop worrying about themselves long enough to judge me. It will just be an emotional process of adjustment for me, and I look forward to that as much as the physical process.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

  1. Yeah, you do know how to tackle it! And I bet they are just thrilled for you that your doing it. I am.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I spend 24 hours alone and this is what happened

Happy Birthday Jelly Head

Day 5 of social isolation; Day 3 of no contact outside of household