Image via WikipediaJust to update on how I feel after one week of no refined sugar or carbs...
- I have had no fits of raging-moody hunger, and these were daily occurances before.
- I had no trouble avoiding a buffet of lasagna, bread and sweets at work yesterday.
- Juice is so sweet it almost gags me and I have to dilute it with water.
- I have had no temptation for dessert, a daily craving before. No bread/carb cravings either.
- Less need for snacks throughout the day.
- When Nick and I went out for a celebration dinner last night, I did eat several pieces of bread. It was the first time all week I felt so full my pants were busting. (I don't regret it though! That was good stuff. And I'm allowing that one special meal each week. But I might find I don't even want the bread at my special meal.)
- I'm excited about trying all manner of dried beans! We regularly eat red, black, lentil and black-eyed peas, but I want to try some less familiar ones. Picked up Christmas lima beans yesterday.
- Nick just got me a new digital weight/body fat/water scale for Valentine's Day! I hugged him in the middle of the store for thinking of exactly what I wanted. With how screwy my hormones are, I am never sure how much water affects things.